About Me

My photo
My name is song Thao. I was born in a faraway place called Thailand. But I grew up mostly in San Diego, CA until i turned 4. My parent decided to come to MN because Mn seem to have more and better job opportunities. Some of my favorite sports are badminton, soccer,basketball and volleyball. I'm a very fun person once you get to know me. I may be a little bit shy sometime but i could be really loud too.

me

me

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Feed-1 blog

Reading the book “Feed” by M.T. Anderson is probably the weirdest thing for me. I mean it crazy to read about a book that talks about people who can’t control their own thoughts Me reading the first part of feed already. I think Tistus is a person who seems to think for himself. Like he a person who if he want to do something then he’ll do it. For instance in the book when his friend were acting stupid instant he don’t follow them and did what they do. According to our class discussions most people agree that Tistus is more of like a leader because he doesn’t always do thing like his friend do. But he wasn’t always able to think for himself too. For example, when he first saw violet, he couldn’t find the word to describe her spine. So the feed suggested the word “supple”. This examples show that although sometime Tistus he can think for himself but that not always the case. For me I would consider violet to be the most normal person in the book. It is because she independent and could live without the feed. For instance she home school. This is a good thing because she able to write while others are just confuse at it. Not just that but able to understand the real word while others thoughts are being control by the technology feed. What I mean by she able to understand the real word is being able to live life without needing help from feed. Although there are weird things in the book Feed. I thought something interesting was a car that can fly and some stores are in the cloud. Wow! That was my first reaction to it. Can that really happen in the future I thought to myself? If in the future for us if there are car that can fly, what are the benefit of it I could travel from place to place without needing an airplane. I think. But I just think that having cars that can fly was something very interesting in the book. But something that was always interesting was stores in the cloud. I think it was interesting that earth was getting so crowded that people start doing their business in the cloud. But in reality I think people wouldn’t be able to do something like that. It is because clouds are just like airs. Furthermore, the technology feed it seems to be a good thing in the book. And not just that but about 75 percent of the people on earth seem to have the feed. In class a classmate suggested that having the feed is like being in Utopia. She meaning that it like an ideal world and things should be like the ways it is. With no crime and violence. Everyone at paces and so on. But I think this wasn’t always the case. The people wearing the feed have lesion. Which make them have this one skin disorder where their skin becomes red and wounded. Probably their skin having lesion is showing that their body is rejecting the feed technology in their body. reading this book Feed kind of reminds me of the song "Barbie Girls". probably because life is so perfect for the people. mostly everyone seem to be rich and people seem to awlays have free time and play time. since i can't upload the video i put the song in my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment