About Me

My photo
My name is song Thao. I was born in a faraway place called Thailand. But I grew up mostly in San Diego, CA until i turned 4. My parent decided to come to MN because Mn seem to have more and better job opportunities. Some of my favorite sports are badminton, soccer,basketball and volleyball. I'm a very fun person once you get to know me. I may be a little bit shy sometime but i could be really loud too.

me

me

Monday, May 4, 2009

Feed-Blog3-visual essay



The perfect world. What is included in a perfect world? How does a perfect world function or work. What kind of people exists in a perfect world? What are the benefits and bad thing about a perfect world? All these question rises up when I think about a perfect world. In the story “Feed” there is a part called Utopia. In the part Utopia it talks about how Tistus and his friend are getting treated. Like Tistus and his friends are like kings and queens. It is because their mother brought them their ginger ale for them in bed. I mean they don’t sound that sick. They are able to do chatting on their feed. That like so cool. Instead if you were sick wouldn’t you be resting instead of doing what Tistus and his friends are doing, chatting on the feed. Also reading the part Utopia I kind of realize that the kids parent seem to never lecture them much about going out a lot. I mean I guess that why this part call the ideal world or utopia. Also, seem like they all can driver without license. But I think a Utopia world is just within a dream. A dream that is far within our reach. A perfect world cans only happen if people learn to do good things. But the thing is some people will never learn to do anything. Instead they choose the path to become bad and take the bad path on their life. But in some cases those people decided to choose that path because they have no money or no support which make their-self esteem goes lower. Which make them think that they can’t do anything at all? But what they don’t know is that in order to be a stronger person you don’t always need support. You first got to believe in yourself. But it hard to tell someone to be good or do something because you can’t get them guarantee them anything but ours words of wisdom. Which don’t always go as it sound? For example if I told a girl that she needs to start finding a job so that her life would be better. What if that girl does decided to find a job and did find one. After finding a job she use her money to buy things that are unnecessary and become poor again. she then comeback to me tell me that it all my felt to tell to find a job and no look at her what have she gain nothing. This is why a perfect world can never happen because some people think differently. Like in order to success you got to think differently and wisely. such as thinking if you really need the things your about to buy or purchases. This can be connected back to the story "feed" since Violet seem to be smarter about buying things than Tistus and his friends. she seem to think about the stuffs being offer in the feed. while Titus and his friend doesn't know what they are shopping for but still but something that not worth they money at all. for my own experience i don't believe in a perfect world it is because i feel a perfect world seem more like a dream for me to have. nothing can be perfect because everyone has their own thoughts about things. we all can never agree on one thing. I guess reality influence me to think this way because in reality if you don't do you nothing you will gain nothing in life. it feel sad for me to understand this. but it life we all have we all have to live with it. I choose the photo i did because i believe that it show the differences that we all can not fit in and people will not get the same protection and rights as some peole will. That why there no perfect world because we all are not treated equally. That always be the story because we can never be able to change the way a person thing and we can never be able to make someone listen or agree to what we think is good for the people. we all will not get the same protection as good as others.











I pick this movie as an explanation to my theme dystopia because there are a lot of good things in the movie. The movie Stepford wives are about a town that everyone seems so perfect. Let just say everything there is like perfect. All their houses are clean they always have tea party ect. Well in the movies Nicole kidman plays a woman you just got fire from her job. She and her husband play by Mathew Broderick they decided to settled and start a new life in Stepford. Living in Stepford she experiences a lot of things. She notices that a lot of the woman there are very feminist. Who always listen to their husband and is a good housewife. I believe a message from the movies is that nobody can be perfect. Because if things were to be perfect will there be feelings in it. For instance, in the movie the women are being control by a chip put into the head. They only listen to what other tells them. They seem to not have any feelings or knowledge what they are doing.




There is no perfect world. You got to learn to work to make a living. I pick this picture to show that in reality you got to work to earn a living. That why there no perfect world because you don't get to play and have fun like Titus and his friend does in the story "Feed". Also if you don't do anything but play then you won't get anything good. For instance we need trees to be able to breath. We need food to eat so if people always play instead of planting and growing crops then everyone will starve to death.






In my definition of protection is to be safe and have it own privacy. When it comes to being safe everyone wants it for them and their family. Of course who wouldn’t? I pick this picture because the leave on the left side means that some protections are not the best protection but you payless for it. And on the right show that some protection works better but is more expensive. This picture can tie back to my theme dystopia. Because the world is not a perfect place we all will not be able to be protected. We all don't know who were surrounded by. And not just that but some people are poor and some are rich. So of course the rich people will get better protection then the poor people. For example, pretend that a rich beautiful girl hit my car on the highway. She was the one whose car hid mine but I was blame for hitting her car instead. She has more right then me because she richer and people listen to her instead of me because I was a poor person. As I connect this back to the theme dystopia because everyone doesn't get the same protection. Although there is laws is doesn’t always protect each individual equally and fairly.




I pick this picture because it represent that a perfect world does not exist. It is because people on earth would never be able to agree on something peacefully. I mean looking at the picture the two men seem to fighting because they don't agree on something. It seem like they don't agree to something because they are different races. So the message that I seem to get from this is that because were all look different we all think differently and live differently. And sometime it hard for other to understand each others because everyone has their own religious and beliefs and that why we all cannot agree on something and lead back to the world which cannot be perfect. since we all have different beliefs were not allow do some of the things that others are allow to do.


Inconclsuion, i think that being in a unperfect world is better. althought there will be crime and bad things still will happen. And we all can not stop something bad from happening. but what important is that most people can be able to think for themselve and our thoughts and mind are not being control. Also we have feeling and that important because it makes the things you do to have meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment