About Me

My photo
My name is song Thao. I was born in a faraway place called Thailand. But I grew up mostly in San Diego, CA until i turned 4. My parent decided to come to MN because Mn seem to have more and better job opportunities. Some of my favorite sports are badminton, soccer,basketball and volleyball. I'm a very fun person once you get to know me. I may be a little bit shy sometime but i could be really loud too.

me

me

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Persepolis-1blog

4. The story Persepolis is organized by parts. Like as a book that is organize by chapter. Like a story the graphic book Persepolis part has title just like a normal written book has. In each different part it tells a story about Marji life or story about people that are close to her life. Such as her grandma, maid and uncle. I believe Marji emphasized mostly about her life in the revolution time. How life was not the best. For instance she has to wear veil to school and outside of school because if they are seem not wearing the veil then they could get into trouble. The passage of time is present by from past to future and usually is doesn’t tell them much about the year unless she want to tell something is important. Like in 1980 they have to wear the veil. But she tells the story kind by her age. Like as she grew older there more and more problem that he and her parent have to both face. The drawing in Persepolis has more different shot. For instance there is long, side, shot. The drawing in black and white only. I believe the picture help the reader recognize or have a visual of what is happening in the story. Also, not only we get to see pictures of the characters and what happening in the story. But it also helps us understand the story.
5. I think the writer of Persepolis voice is very strong. Even though she tell the story as a young girl. I think she has a stronger voice because she confident in what she say. For instance, going to school say able to say out loud about the truth. And yes her voice is appealing because she say what she think is right. The least think I like about Marji charater is that she want to act smart. But what I likee about her is the she can defend herself. Like when she went out to buy tape wearing western clothing and got caught she knew what to do it get out of it. I would say yes reading the little girl reaction my reaction experiences.
6. The revolution power influence many people to wear the veils and for man to grow beard. It even causes boys and girls to go to their own school. Like boys have to go to their own school. And girls have to go to an all-girl school too. Also, the revolution causes people to do many demonstrations on the street. Like Marji parent does. They demonstration what is happening and things that they are against. So many people leave after the revolution because people are afraid of change. And scared of what will happen in the future to the place they lived. And probably they have no hope of any good thing happening in the future coming for them. Probably her parent sent her off to Tehran and didn’t go because they want her to be in a safe place. Also, they didn’t go because they don’t have enough money to pay for them all to go to Austria. So they let her go because she was the only inherited in their family and she is still young and have a long life ahead of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment