About Me

My photo
My name is song Thao. I was born in a faraway place called Thailand. But I grew up mostly in San Diego, CA until i turned 4. My parent decided to come to MN because Mn seem to have more and better job opportunities. Some of my favorite sports are badminton, soccer,basketball and volleyball. I'm a very fun person once you get to know me. I may be a little bit shy sometime but i could be really loud too.

me

me

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Persepolis-blog2

12. The role of women in the story Persepolis is very different. For instance Marji mother play a very strong woman in the story. For instance she goes protest even though she was a woman only. Like her mother Marji is brave and very smart who’s also very educated. Compare to the maid whose doesn’t have any education. And when she fell in love with the next door neighbor she didn’t know how to read. And need marji to help her write letter and read the letters he wrote to her. I think the maid is represented as a very weak woman in the story. It is because at the end of the story “letter,” they maid didn’t get to be with him because she was from a lower classes status. And the story they are not allow to marry out of there class. Her school teachers play a role of very strict to the country law. For instance, she very strict that the kids and Marji have to wear veil to school. Since the government wanted every girls to wear it.
13. The role of every character is very different in the story Persepolis. Marji and her family seem to represent a modern family. I think it is because the woman and girl seem to have a very powerful and brave role. For instance, the main character she doesn’t always listen to other people. She likes to talk and make her point. And the mother she doesn’t let her husband tell her what to do. And the father unlike the very strict father. He actually is a very gentle and cool father. But the importance of the story is the religion in Persepolis. It is because since the country Iran very religious for instance having to wear the veil. It kind of split them apart from others people including learning. For instance when they were in school and the teacher telling the students formation about something which was not correct and marji and telling the student it was not correct. And correcting the statement she got in trouble. This mean that since their country is very religious they also do not know much about other people other then their history and people. I think what Marjane is trying to say about how religion has an effect on individual and society. It is because if one individual does not follow their own religious then who will. So people start believing in it and some don’t because they don’t like what they have to go through. Religious also is something that defines us as a individual and society. If we have no religious then we don’t know what to do or be. We will be a person who doesn’t belong to nowhere and anywhere.
9. The kids in the story Persepolis although their country doesn’t let kids to look hip. They still do it because it was fashion. They usually do it at home or in place where no one can find them doing it. For instance, when Marji got the new clothing she decided to wear it and go to the black market to buy some tape. At the same time it kind of reminds me of my childhood. I think I was very brave like I would do things that I would not do today. Like I climb trees and jump and the puddle ect.. But I think Satrapi is a normal kid because she likes to be adventurous and experience new things although she knew she was forbidden to not do. Being a kid of course you always want to try new things. so yeah I think she a normal kids because she want to fit and so them it makes her do things that are bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment